Happy New Year!!!
2011 was a fantastic year but it is now behind us so it is time to focus on my 2012 goals. This is my third full calendar year as a runner and the first time that I am writing out my goals for the year. I know that they will change as I get further into the year and add more races to my list, but this is what I have so far. They are big goals!
- Run at least 1,260 miles (I ran 1256 miles in 2011)
- Set a PR at the March ORRRC Half Marathon (current PR 1:59)
- Break 4:30 at The Cleveland Marathon in May (only marathon run, 4:57)
- Cross-Train/Strength Train more often. I'm
thinkinghoping that if I write it down here, I'll be more likely to follow through. I typically have no issue getting out of bed at 4:30am for a run, but can't seem to make myself get up for strength training. I WILL do better.
- Run a few shorter races, 5K or 4 milers to break up the distance training
- Run smart! (no injuries in 2012!)
- Keep running fun!
On the surface, looks simple, right? I think with a lot of hard work (400s, Yasso 800s, and strength training) I know I
can will achieve my goals. I'm going to have to come back and read this often, though, to remind myself of my strength training commitment!
Have you set your goals for the year? Do you write them down? Will you go back and check on them throughout the year to see if you are on track?