A Bucket List of races...I'm pretty sure every runner (and Triathlete) has one of these. In the beginning, it was small races, 5Ks, and close to home Half Marathons. Then it starts evolving as we run more and more into Half Marathons that are further away, Marathons and eventually the Ultra Marathon. For a short amount of time, I had a few Ultras on my bucket list, but they have been erased....for now. I have a running bucket list and a "Life" Bucket List. Seems like I am constantly adding to my list and making changes based on race reports. Luckily, I have the rest of my life to get to these as I anticipate being a lifelong runner.
Without further ado....
- Disney Princess Half Marathon (it's the happiest place on Earth, who wouldn't want to run this?! Plus, I'd get to wear a tiara!)
- San Francisco Marathon (or Half)
- ING New York City Marathon
- Chicago Marathon
- Rock 'N Roll Las Vegas (just for the experience of running the strip at night!)
- Honolulu Marathon
And last but certainly not least.....
- BOSTON Marathon (Yes, I would LOVE to qualify for Boston, but might have to wait until I am much older as I don't anticipate getting fast enough to qualify anytime in the near future!)
Most of these marathons are in cities/locations that I want to visit. I have been to San Francisco and Chicago, but the visits were too short and this would be the perfect way to tour the cities! The rest just sound like fun. I don't know if I will ever get to some of these races, but having a dream list is fun!
Do you have a bucket list of races? Have you run any of my bucket list races? What would you add?